My little dude seems to be growing up so very quickly, and before I turn round and suddenly have an 17 year old, I wanted to take a snapshot to remember him at 17 months.
So, Elliot, this is you at 17 months:
Your likes…1. Singing, dancing, making music generally. Current favourites are “Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes”, “Wind the Bobbin Up” and “The Wheels on the Bus”, playing the xylophone along with Daddy playing guitar. You two are fab! My favourite times are spinning round and dancing like a loon to any type of music – we like a good bit of Reggae on a Saturday morning at the moment.
2. Bath time with Daddy – here you seem to enjoy soaking everyone involved, not to mention the floor! Popping bubbles and knocking rubber ducks over the side are popular bath time activities! This also encorporates another of your likes – tickles! – especially on toes and tummy! We love your chuckles and your beaming smile!
3. Grandparent cuddles – spending a day a week with each “set”, means you have such a lovely relationship with all 4 grandparents. Looking at trees and leaves with Grandad. I know he has a goal of training you to help him on his allotment, so I’m sure your gardening skills will come in useful!
4. Books – you can happily spend hours looking at books and reading to yourself, and we often spend time with you getting books for us to share one after the other and snuggling up on my lap to read together. Long may this continue, a love of books will take you anywhere you ever want to go my love, and let you escape into any adventure whenever you want.
5. Colouring – well, scribbling at the moment! We’re so intrigued to know whether you’ll be left handed like me or right handed like your Dad. At the moment it looks like you’re ambidextrous (or just trying to please us both!) I’ll make sure I post some of your masterpieces up here!
6. Lastly, muslins – we would all be lost if there was not at least one muslin within arms reach at all times, 24/7! They are the answer to all life’s ills at the moment, and you look particularly cute twiddling one in your fingers while you suck your thumb!
1. You really don’t like hats, of any kind, that come anywhere near your head. The only place you wear them is at nursery, and I’ve no idea how they do that!
2. Reaching the end of your bottle. It always seems to end too soon doesn’t it? I think you get this from me to be honest as secretly I always hope that the food never ends.
3. Stickers, or sticky things generally.I’m hoping that this isn’t a sign of OCD. With all the craft activities you do at nursery I’m sure this won’t be an issue for long.
4. You don’t like it when the mega blocks or sticklebricks are stuck together – the fact that they are meant to stick together hasn’t quite got through to you yet, so we spend lots of time with you ripping them apart.
5. Having your hands sneakily let go when walking. You freeze like a statue and flop in a heap! I’ve come to realise that you’re going to do things in your own time and not be rushed, we’ll get there I’m sure, hopefully very soon as our backs are beginning to ache and you may end up with parents that walk like penguins 🙂
I am so excited to see how your likes and dislikes change over the coming years, I promise to make little notes like this that we can share when I do indeed have a 17 year old son (that sounds very scary right now!)
Lots of love,